Please help us with our Fight the Plastic Crowdfunder application Go to:-
Bishop’s Castle Town Plan – Progress Report
The new Bishop’s Castle Community Partnership Charity [BCCP] has been formed to replace the Town Plan working group. As a formally constituted charity, with its own bank account, the BCCP will be able to seek funding for its many initiatives to benefit the community. It will continue to work closely with the Town Council, with representatives from the Town Council on the committee.
The BCCP is a small group of volunteers, and for it to be a success, we urgently need more people to help with the wide range of initiatives which are aimed at improving all aspects of life in Bishop’s Castle. It isn’t a heavy commitment, a few hours every month at most helping with interesting community projects. Please contact Keith Whiddon firstname.lastname@example.org 07971 661615
Aims of the Community Partnership
- Work closely with partners to translate the actions within the Community Town Plan into reality and practice. – To bring together individuals and groups with a shared interest in Bishop’s Castle under a common action plan, planned and delivered together;
- Regularly consult the community on its needs and prioritise the actions required. – To continue liaison with the people of Bishop’s Castle to express their views with regard to the implementation of the Community Town Plan;
- Identify and bid for potential sources of funding (often unavailable to statutory bodies) to support local priorities;
- Provide a strategy for the development of the Town and key economic, social and environmental priorities;
- Represent the interests of the local community at County and national level. – Act as a lobbying/pressure group when necessary on behalf of the community;
- Support the community of Bishop’s Castle and its environs to achieve a better quality of life for residents. – To deliver improvements to the local community which may not happen in any other way, for example providing support/advice for small-scale start-up projects.
Copies of the Plan and its annexes may be viewed at Enterprise House, Library, Town Hall, Doctor’s Surgery, Community College, SpArC, BCHRC and our local pubs. It may also be downloaded below:
If you can offer some time to help, however little, we’d love to hear from you.
Contact us at:- email@example.com
or via our new Facebook page at www.facebook.com/communityplan
Keith Whiddon, Chair, Bishop’s Castle Community Town Plan Steering group
A graphical summary of the responses to the Town Plan survey can be seen in attached document
[2 Town Plan Responses Graphics v0.2].