Bishop’s Castle Town Plan – Progress Report
The new Town Plan was developed to address the issues raised by a survey of residents on the problems being faced by the town; the things of value in Bishop’s Castle and its surrounding area, and the improvements or changes that would be desirable.
In order to provide the manpower to tackle the actions set out in the Town Plan, a ‘Community Partnership’ is being established that will work closely with the Town Council to address the issues and priorities identified in the Town Plan by bringing together local residents, charities, voluntary groups, businesses, and local government across a range of projects and activities.
Aims of the Community Partnership
- Work closely with partners to translate the actions within the Community Town Plan into reality and practice. – To bring together individuals and groups with a shared interest in Bishop’s Castle under a common action plan, planned and delivered together;
- Regularly consult the community on its needs and prioritise the actions required. – To continue liaison with the people of Bishop’s Castle to express their views with regard to the implementation of the Community Town Plan;
- Identify and bid for potential sources of funding (often unavailable to statutory bodies) to support local priorities;
- Provide a strategy for the development of the Town and key economic, social and environmental priorities;
- Represent the interests of the local community at County and national level. – Act as a lobbying/pressure group when necessary on behalf of the community;
- Support the community of Bishop’s Castle and its environs to achieve a better quality of life for residents. – To deliver improvements to the local community which may not happen in any other way, for example providing support/advice for small-scale start-up projects.
Copies of the Plan and its annexes may be viewed at Enterprise House, Library, Town Hall, Doctor’s Surgery, Community College, SpArC, BCHRC and our local pubs. It may also be downloaded below:
If you can offer some time to help, however little, we’d love to hear from you.
Contact us at:- email@example.com
or via our new Facebook page at www.facebook.com/communityplan
Keith Whiddon, Chair, Bishop’s Castle Community Town Plan Steering group
A graphical summary of the responses to the Town Plan survey can be seen in attached document
[2 Town Plan Responses Graphics v0.2].