Bishop’s Castle – Into the Future.
Community Town Plan Update
At its last meeting, The Town Council accepted the Community Town Plan as a single, joined up strategy for Bishop’s Castle, driven by the needs of the community. This means that the Plan is now ‘live’ and the actions will start to be implemented. The Plan seeks to address the issues raised by the community and we now need your help to turn these actions into reality and make Bishop’s Castle an even better place.
There’s a wide range of practical ways you can help, for example:-
- collecting information through making surveys;
- setting up and running social media groups to keep local people informed;
- identifying and bidding for possible grants and other sources of funding;
- meeting with experts and members of the local community;
- publicising schemes designed to help residents;
- testing and implementing possible ideas to traffic and parking issues;
- supporting local shops by staging events to attract shoppers;
- creating an online directory for skills-sharing;
- conducting a landscape evaluation exercise.
Copies of the Plan and its annexes may be viewed at Enterprise House, Library, Town Hall, Doctor’s Surgery, Community College, SpArC, BCHRC and our local pubs. It may also be downloaded below:
If you can offer some time to help, however little, we’d love to hear from you.
Contact us at:- firstname.lastname@example.org
or via our new Facebook page at www.facebook.com/communityplan
Keith Whiddon, Chair, Bishop’s Castle Community Town Plan Steering group
A graphical summary of the responses to the Town Plan survey can be seen in attached document
[2 Town Plan Responses Graphics v0.2].